Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our SBKD team has put your health and safety first by taking extra steps to help prevent the spread of the virus in our office. We appreciate the way you and your families have helped keep everyone healthy by wearing masks to your appointments, answering screening questions and following our new waiting room procedures.
We have been closely monitoring the recent update for guidance for fully vaccinated people and CA’s June 15th re- opening. As we are in a healthcare setting, we will continue to do temperature checks and screen for symptoms on the day of the appointment for our SBKD families and team members.
As always, you can continue to expect our strict health and safety protocols to be in place, including keeping our office and exam rooms spotlessly clean and disinfected and continued use of enhanced personal protective equipment like masks, face shields and gowns.
Please know that we are committed to protecting you and your family’s health, now and in the future.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Here are some of the steps we take to keep our families and team members safe:
- All surfaces, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles and countertops, are cleaned and disinfected thoroughly with medical grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria and viruses
- Disposable protective coverings on equipment are disposed of and replaced after each patient visit
- Non-disposable items such as dental tools and instruments are cleaned and sterilized between patients using hospital grade sterilization which is monitored and tested on a regular basis
- Disposable dental tools and needles are disposed of and never reused
- SKBD team members involved in patient care use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, masks, gowns and eyewear
- All high touch surfaces (ie: door handles, countertops) are wiped down and disinfected on an hourly basis
- HEPA air purifiers have been placed throughout the office in the reception and treatment areas
- SBKD team members trained to proactively stay at home if they are not feeling well
- SBKD team members are screened daily and anyone with a temperature greater than 100.4F are sent home
We have also made some scheduling and check-in changes to accommodate for social distancing:
- We will communicate with you beforehand to ask COVID-19 screening questions
- Only patients with appointments and one guardian will be permitted into the office
- Universal masking – we ask that the accompanying guardian wear a mask before entering the office; if child is able to, we ask they wear a mask as well
- You will be receiving a text on the morning of the appointment, please complete the screening questions again
- Text/call us when you arrive and wait in your car instead of the waiting room
- We will call you when we are ready to see your child
- Patient and guardian’s temperature will be checked prior to entry
- Use hand sanitizer when you enter the office
- Waiting room will no longer offer children’s toys or books
- Your child may be asked to gargle with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide antimicrobial rinse
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients, which might mean fewer scheduling options
- We will do our best to reduce wait times and reduce the number of patients in the reception area