Why a Board Certified Pediatric Dentist?
It is a completely different experience than going to a family dentist. Family dentists practice general dentistry for people of all ages, and a pediatric dentist spends all day every day treating only kids. Dr. Allan has gone through rigorous academic and clinical training in all facets of pediatric dentistry. Dr. Allan is a Board-Certified Diplomat which is the highest honor bestowed by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
Here are a few reasons to take your child to a specialist:
- We are kid experts! Pediatric dentists get an extra two to three years of special training to treat children of all shapes and sizes from itty bitty infants to growing teens. Read about the specialized training details from the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Pediatric Dentists are trained and qualified to care for patients with medical, physical, or mental disabilities. Unlike a general dentist or Children’s Dentist, Dr. Allan has extensive training in sedation dentistry. Our office does take a conservative approach with positive reinforcement before recommending treatment under sedation.
- Whether your child is super shy or super chatty, a pediatric dentist knows how handle every personality that walks through the doors.
- Worried about your child’s pacifier use, thumb sucking or bottle feeding? They can show you how to tame your child’s habits.
- Baby teeth get cavities, too. A pediatric dentist is trained to work on tiny teeth.
- Our team show your child each instrument they use and explain what it does. It is our way of making dental visits entertaining and educational.
- We give away kid-friendly prizes at the end of each visit to make your child’s visit fun.